Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Omelet


We still had a small amount of meat left from some Philly Cheese Steaks, so I decided to make it into an omelet. It was really easy to make and it translated well. First,


I added the eggs and some milk to the meat and mixed them together. Once the eggs were cooked, I added my last piece of provolone. As that wasn't enough cheese for my liking, I also added some cheddar. I thought that it tasted pretty good and really similar to the cheese steaks, but it was lacking something. Then I thought about what I would add if it was the sandwich. Sriracha and some ketchup. When I was a kid the only way that I ate eggs was scrambled and with ketchup. I have tried to move away from the ketchup on my eggs, but it really made sense in this instance. This was a perfect example that leftovers can still be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...