Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eggs Benedict Pt. 2


This was my second attempt to make Eggs Benedict, and it went much better than last time. There are several things that I did differently, and I was much happier with my hollandaise sauce. The first was that I

clarified my butter first. To do this, all you have to do is melt your butter at a low heat and skim the froth off the top. The most difficult part of making a good hollandaise is maintaining a low steady head as you whisk nonstop. What I did differently this time was remove the eggs from the heat as soon as they started to thicken. Next, I only added small amounts of the (clarified) butter at a time instead of slowly adding the whole amount. This allowed me to get it to the consistency that I wanted before adding more of the butter. The final change was minor and had nothing to do with the success of the dish. I substituted bacon for the ham because I didn't have any ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...