Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Denny's Grand Slam


Denny's is the type of place that is all about comfort food. By comfort food, I mean food that is familiar, not too bad tasting and that you could make at home for half the price. It is also the type of place that reminds me of childhood. Growing up, this was the type of place that a family of six would go out to eat. I remember convincing my little sister to drink the little "cup of coke".  For some reason, after that, she didn't believe me when I told her that it was a tiny ice cream scoop on the pancakes. 
As an adult, I can't remember a time that I went to Denny's until we were visiting family and arrived at 4:30 in the morning. It was really a good place to take two little kids and share a meal with them. It also was nice to be in an empty restaurant that didn't matter if the kids were getting out of their seats and loaded with syrup so early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...