Sunday, January 13, 2013

Edgewater Grille



The Edgewater Grille is the restaurant located inside the Coralville Marriot. I was there for a rehearsal dinner and ordered their Grilled Cuban sandwich. I thought that it was pretty good. My biggest problem was the bread. It was too hard on the outside. This wouldn't have been a problem if it was a panini. My second problem was that I accidentally deleted my picture of the sandwich. It can still be seen below the fries and olives.




When offered the sides, I was told that their corn chowder was world famous. By "world famous" they mean "pretty good soup made some place else in the world, frozen and sent to here" then I agree completely. I don't want to sell it short, it was good soup, but when you aggrandize your dish as they did, it has to be backed up a bit more than it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...