Monday, February 27, 2012

Casa Tequila


February 22nd is National Margarita Day. So we celebrated by going to Casa Tequila, one of two restaurants located in Tiffin. Leigha had gotten an amazing groupon where we received two entrées, two giant margaritas and an appetizer. I was excited because I was going to mark something off my 101 foods list, Mole Poblano. As it turns out, their menu had changed since last time that we were there, and they no longer had that anymore. It appeared as if they had removed a lot more of their authentic Mexican food. But what I did get was still quite good.


Unlike Leigha, I don't usually know what I am going to order before I get to a restaurant. But this time I was really thrown off because I already had my mind set on one thing and they didn't have it. Secondly, I usually look for what is a better deal. But this time, we got to pick from anything on the menu so I was bypassing the cheaper menu items that would have normally enticed me. For our appetizer, we got nachos grande. When this came out, I would have been perfectly happy eating this for my meal. It had chicken and ground beef, lettuce, cheese, Pico de Gallo, guacamole, onions and sour cream.



For my entrée, I ordered Camarones al Mojo de Ajo. This was shrimp served with a garlic butter sauce. The shrimp itself was tasty, but it came with a bunch of other stuff that didn't really seem to go with the meal. There was a scoop of generic, pre-made rice and a pile of an almost-salad. It was really all plate filler. But, as I had plenty of the appetizer and a drink as large as my head, I didn't mind.


Leigha ordered steak fajitas, which was a much better deal than my meal. This came with a smoking hot pile of meat and vegetables and a plate with tortillas wrapped in aluminum foil. All of the food, including the margaritas was pretty good. But they would have been the same if I had ordered it from any other Mexican restaurant in the area. Overall, I would certainly come back as the service was great and the food was speedy. Plus, it is the easiest restaurant for me to walk from my house.




Casa Tequila Tiffin, Iowa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...