Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Charley's Grilled Subs



Charley's is a place in the food court that is always handing out free samples. Every time that I get one of those samples, I think that it is good and I should go there some time. Then I look at the prices. I think that they are over-priced for what they are. The quality of their food isn't any better than a Subway or Quizno's or any other chain sub shop. What makes them different is that they

grill all of their subs. On the day that I went, I had a buy one, get one free coupon making it much easier for me to pay their inflated prices. The sub that I ate in the food court (and forgot to take a picture of) was a Philly Cheese steak. Although this is one of 101 foods, I wasn't going to count this on my list. It doesn't seem right to cross something off the list from a chain restaurant, unless that is what they specialize in. After eating the sandwich, I validated that the cheese steak is not something that they specialize in. The meat was try and not very flavorful. It was also odd to eat with the grilled bun. The next day, I ate my other sandwich, the Italian Delux. This was made of pepperoni, ham, turkey, Italian seasoning, and provolone. This sandwich was much better than the cheese steak and probably would have been good if it hadn't lost its toasted qualities in the fridge overnight. While this second sub was much better, I will stick with the samples.
Charley's Grilled Subs Coralville, Iowa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...