Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Eat Before You Die #55 Macaroni and Cheese


I don't know a single kid that doesn't like macaroni and cheese. If, as a parent, you don't like it, there is no reason to make it from a box. Make it in a way that you will like it, too. Anybody can boil a noodle, but people get caught up on making the cheese sauce. Start with

a roux of butter and flour. Before it starts to brown, add milk and cheese. In this instance, it is cheddar and a bit of parmesan. To class it up a bit, I added a mixture of some finely ground breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and freshly ground black pepper. For the kids, I served it like that. For me, I added some...yes you guessed it...sriracha. Actually, my real secret ingredient is celery salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...