Sunday, April 15, 2012

John's Ice Cream


John's Ice Cream is less than a mile from my house. Occasionally, we will walk with the kids to get some ice cream. It is always by there request. On this particular day, as a reward for Tate's good behavior, I gave him the option to go anywhere to do anything he wanted. After I shot down going out to eat without the girls at 3:30 in the afternoon, he chose to go to John's. I actually tried to talk him out of it and go to a different place. I find that John's menu is too large and confusing to find what I want. The prices are also more expensive than driving farther away and going to a Dairy Queen. Although John's is only one of two



restaurants in Tiffin that aren't also a bar, I don't feel too much of a community support for this place. There is nothing wrong with it, per se, but I think that the overpriced food and the fact that they don't actually make any of their own product (minus the food that I've never ordered) has held me from growing too attached to the local ice cream shop. That being said, my cherry amaretto scoop was incredible. It was laced with flakes of chocolate, maraschino cherries and the almond taste of amaretto. Tate ordered a blue raspberry dipped cone that left him sticky and blue. We sat inside because it was too chilly outside and, to Tate's amazement, there was an arcade game. It was a combo game of Mrs. Pac-Man and Space Invaders. As I watched him pound on the buttons and wiggle the joystick, it reminded me of the Donkey Kong game that I pretended to play at a Pizza Hut when I was a kid. When we were done and getting into the car, Tate asked himself how he could be so lucky. If every visit was like this, I would certainly give up all other ice cream shops for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...