Friday, March 9, 2012

Pueblo Viejo

Photo Taken From Pueblo Viejo's Facebook Page
We got two different tacos from Pueblo Viejo. A steak and a chicharones.

Both of the tacos were served on small flour tortillas. The steak had tomato and avocado, while the chicharones (fried pork rinds) had a salsa verde with it. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the  chicharones. It wasn't because they were pork rinds. While at one time in my life, I was probably grossed out at the thought of eating pork rinds, I have moved beyond that. Really people, they are like a bacon chip. And who can deny the goodness of bacon? The problem that I had with the chicharones was that once there was sauce added, they lost their crunch and it feels like a wet paper towel was left on the taco. This texture is not a big enough deterrent from me trying them again, because they were really tasty. The steak tacos were amazing. They might have been the best thing in the entire food trailer court.



Pueblo Viejo Austin, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...